We need to sleep. We love to sleep. It’s good for us! And since we spend a good bit of time doing it, you’ve probably given some thought to your mattress. It’s too lumpy! It’s too hard! But maybe, if you’re lucky, it’s just right! But there comes a time when you need to replace your old mattress and get a new one. What then? Here are five things to consider before you buy a new mattress.
1. Research Different Types – Comfort is highly subjective, so get to know different types of soft, firm, foam and coil mattresses, to really understand what you need. For example, if you were looking for a firm mattress, a memory foam topped mattress will not be the one for you. You don’t need to spend a fortune on the ‘best’ mattress when really it is not the right mattress for you.
2. Try it out! – Many people today prefer to shop in the comfort of their own home. While online shopping is a great idea and convenient, there are many key principles which mattress shoppers should understand. Mattresses all come down to personal preference and the same mattress can have a different feel for different people. This is why we recommend that you engage in show rooming when shopping for your mattress, and believe that you should spend 10-15 minutes on the mattress before making a purchase. After all, you spend about one third of your life in bed!
3. In Home Trial – As much as we believe spending 10-15 minutes on the mattress before making the purchase is beneficial, you aren’t actually asleep and turning. Therefore, you don’t get to fully experience the mattress you are looking into and this may leave you with doubts. If possible, we recommend that you look at places that offer an in home trial and will give you the chance to exchange your mattress if you aren’t happy. At Sleep Masters, we give you 2 weeks after the receipt of your new mattress to decide whether you have made the right choice. If you feel like your new mattress is not the one for you, we will be happy to exchange your mattress or even give you a full refund.
4. Green Alternatives? – If you want to minimize your exposure to the chemicals contained in traditional mattresses, we recommend you opt for cotton or wool organic mattresses, or even natural latex mattresses, which are made from rubber trees and are biodegradable. You may shell out more for these mattresses, but it also may help you rest easy, literally. All our mattresses at Sleep Masters are made under strict quality control with the use of specialty fabrics with built in anti-dust mite technology.
5. Returns Policy & Warranty – You won’t really know if you’ve made the correct decision with your new mattress until you’ve spent a week or two in bed and have seen how you feel in the morning. Purchase your mattress from somewhere which offers you a good returns policy with no extra charges. Also, keep in mind that not every 10 year warranty is the same so you need to make sure that the place you are buying from will definitely help you out when in need. At Sleep Masters, all our mattresses come with 10-15 years full warranty and we promise to take back and replace your mattress should any problems occur.